Liquid CO2 degreasing for high value/high volume part manufacturing
- Liquid CO2 penetrates small crevices
- Successful in various cleaning geometries
- Dry – waterless cleaning – no external drying required
- Batch cleaning process for many parts in a single load
- Cleaning adjuncts: additives, ultrasonics, centrifugation, jets
- Liquid CO2 used for degreasing is distilled and reused for subsequent loads
Degreasing using liquid CO2 combines unique centrifugal dry washing and rinsing processes in a tunable cleaning system. Using specially formulated organic additives combined with recycled CO2, our innovative CO2 cleaning solutions are capable of degreasing various types of tools and parts. Liquid CO2 inherently has low surface tension and viscosity, which allows it to effectively penetrate complex substrate geometries to remove difficult oil and grease contaminations. CO2 has high solvent power for more powerful washing applications and leaves the parts clean and dry after the process.
The closed loop system recovers CO2 process fluids automatically using an integrated fluids management and recycling subsystem. A rinse recovery system continuously recycles solvent to remove residual additive and contaminant build-up, which is discharged periodically from the system. The recovered CO2 is transferred into a holding tank for reuse in additional cleaning cycles, capturing up to 99% of the CO2. Systems can be optionally equipped with ultrasonics and jets to enhance the CO2 degreasing process. Find out how our environmental solutions can assist in your challenging degreasing applications.